Set more than a decade after the events of the first film, learn the story of the Sully family (Jake, Neytiri, and their kids), the trouble that follows them, the lengths they go to keep each other safe, the battles they fight to stay alive, and the tragedies they endure.
- Avatar 2 The Way of Water 13 years have passed since James Cameron’s “Avatar” transformed the movie industry and set new records for box office receipts. On December 16, “Avatar: The Way of Water,” the much anticipated sequel, will finally hit theaters. The Sully family, comprised of Jake, Neytiri, and their kids, is seen in the sequel while their home is being torn apart. Avatar 2 The Way of Water According to the official summary, the Sully family faces peril, life-or-death combat, and tragedy throughout the movie. Tribal politics are upset when the couple flees their dwellings and enters the waterworld of the Metkayina. Along with Jon Landau, Cameron both produces and directs the movie. Along with Sigourney Weaver, the cast members Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana reprise their roles as Jake and Neytiri, respectively. Kate is new to the franchise
avatar 2 the way of waters
- In theaters this May, the “Avatar: The Way of Water” teaser debuted ahead of “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” but that’s just the start of “Avatar’s” return to the big screen. The third installment, “Avatar 3,” will be released in December 2024. If Cameron decides to stay on board in the same role, he’ll be busy filming “Avatar 4”
- The “Avatar” movies themselves, according to Cameron, “are kind of all-consuming.” “I’m working on some other intriguing projects as well. I believe that after a while—I’m not sure if it will be after three or after four—I’ll want to hand the reins over to a director I trust so that I can pursue other interests. Or perhaps not. I’m not sure.
- “Everything I need to say about family, sustainability, climate change, and the natural world—the issues that are significant to me in both my personal and professional lives as a filmmaker—I can communicate on this canvas,” Cameron concluded. As I moved along, my excitement increased. The fourth film is a gem. It’s a mother******er. Actually, I’m hoping I succeed. Yet it is subject to market factors. Three is already recorded, therefore it will be released regardless. Since the final product is one enormous story, I truly hope we can make four and five.
- The complex stories of Pandora will all be seen as unique parts of the greater series, as Cameron emphasized, regardless of who is directing the movies. Despite the numerous sequels in development, producer Landau stated at 2022 CinemaCon that “each story will come to its own conclusion, and each movie will deliver to audiences fulfilling emotional resolutions.”
- Due to the success of the previous movie, lead actress Saldaa described returning for “Avatar: The Way of Water” as a “nerve-wracking” experience. The wait is finally over, which is also humbling, she continued, according to Entertainment Weekly. And we get to give something we adore to so many people who, we know, also adore it.
- Saldaa went into detail about the process of becoming Neytiri again on the big screen. Avatar 2 The Way of Water It is more of an exercise. It takes months of preparation, not just practicing with your director but also working with movement coaches, traveling to the jungle, and experiencing what it’s like to forage for your own food using the natural resources there, according to the “Guardians of the Galaxy” actor. Avatar 2 The Way of Water When you shoot with performance-capture, you do bring all of it into the volume, which is the set, once you’ve used it all.